Monday, June 22, 2009

Champagne buckets


What is France without champagne buckets??... even if I can't drink it myself [totally allergic!] - and I know what I am missing!! - the allure of the classic metal vessels to hold bottles of illusions and bubbly fun is never to be taken lightly...
[I have used these buckets for flower displays to very lovely effects...]

"Le Canari"
engraved on one side of bucket
c. pre-1960's
[20 cm high x 19 cm wide at top x 13.5 cm wide at bottom]
silver-plated

{SOLD}

*there is still a "Le Canari" bistrot in Paris on Rue Monge but I am not sure if this is from the same restaurant]

"E.POTFER / METAL BLANC / ORFEVRE
PARIS
30"

engraved on bottom of the bucket







*****


[no engraved markings on body]
"TETE-LEROY
MADE IN FRANCE"
engraved on the bottom
c. pre-1960's
[20 cm high x 20 cm wide at top x 13.5 cm wide at bottom]
silverplated

CAD/US$400/Euros280

detail of handle




No comments: